- 1 The 6 Best Gaming Motherboard For i7 8700k
- 1.1 1. MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk – Add Extra Memory
- 1.2 2. Gigabyte Z390 UD – A Durable Choice
- 1.3 3. Asus 1151 Z390 Pro – Ideal For Potential Upgrades
- 1.4 4. ASRock Z370 Extreme4 – Provides More Memory
- 1.5 5. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus – Adds a Distinct Look For Value
- 1.6 6. MSI SLI Z370 – Designed For Gaming Use
- 2 Best Motherboard For i7 8700k: Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Recommendation
The Intel Core i7 8700k processor provides all the power a computer needs for managing operations of all sorts. But it is critical to ensure that the processor can work with a motherboard that can handle all the power the i7 8700k has to offer. This guide of the six best motherboards for the i7 8700k shows many choices that are appropriate for your computing needs.
The 6 Best Gaming Motherboard For i7 8700k
|Model||Memory Support||Cooling Feature||Port Features||Graphics Interface|
|MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk||Dual DDR4 memory boost support||Added heatsink layout||PS/2 and DisplayPort with dual LAN||3 3.0x16 PCI|
|Gigabyte Z390 UD||Dual DDR4 and 4 DIMMs||Adjustable hybrid fan headers||Multiple ports for USB 3.0 use||1 3.0x16 PCIe|
|Asus 1151 Z390 PRO||Dual DDR4||Cooling and fan speed optimization||M.2 and U.2 ports||1 3.0x16 PCIe|
|ASRock Z370 Extreme4||4 DDR4 DIMM slots||Powerful heat sink||USB 3.1 ports||1 3.0x16 PCI|
|Gigabyte Z370 Aorus||Dual DDR4 slots||Nine temperature sensors included||USB 3.1 Type C, stereo audio connections||1 3.0x16 PCI|
|MSI SLI Z370||4 DDR$ slots||Heatsink included||Lightning USB 3.1 connection, gaming device port||Works for 2-way NVIDIA SLI|
1. MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk – Add Extra Memory
The MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk motherboard is ideal for use in that it supports the latest form of memory power, DDR4 RAM. You can get up to 32 GB of memory used in four slots. The memory modules are designed to help produce a more powerful layout for support.
The general port features include a dual LAN setup, multiple USB 3.1 ports, and HDMI support. The USB 3.1 Type-C connection is also incorporated for compatibility with specialty devices.
The heatsinks arranged on the motherboard include ones on the VRM. The added surface area in the heatsink provides help with dissipating excess heat, thus reducing the intensity of the material.
Three PCI 3.0 x 16 slots are included in the motherboard. The added ports work for supporting a stronger graphics card, thus producing a better interface for use. The boost especially does well with making it easier for programs to be managed as necessary. Mag Z390 tops the list in the best gaming motherboard for i7 8700K.
- Supports eight-channel HD audio
- Includes DisplayPort and HDMI ports
- Produces less heat
- Does not include limiters on how much heat is produced
- Some memory slots may be crowded by coolers
2. Gigabyte Z390 UD – A Durable Choice
The problem with some graphics cards and other attachments for motherboards is that they are too heavy. The Gigabyte Z390 UD motherboard provides a stronger body that can handle all the weight added by these attachments.
The PCIe Ultra Durable Armor design uses a reinforced body for the ports and other systems. This prevents the unit from breaking apart or otherwise wearing out from regular use when handled well enough.
The Smart Fan 5 feature provides a setup where the user can interchange the fan header to varying thermal sensors. The design ensures that cool air can move to all parts of the motherboard without potentially wear out.
- Works for various cards and programs of value
- The HDMI display interface provides support for most monitors
- Solid-plated power connectors provide protection for devices
- May not work with some older materials
- No monitoring app features
3. Asus 1151 Z390 Pro – Ideal For Potential Upgrades
The Asus 1151 Z390 Pro is useful in that it can handle both eighth and ninth-generation processors. This includes the i7 8700k eighth-generation processor. The Z390 Pro makes it so the user can replace the old processor with something new as desired.
The 5-Way Optimization features an ability to overclock the processor. This is for cases where the computer needs to work a little harder as necessary.
The backward-compatible USB 3.1 Type-A and C ports provide extra help for faster data transfers. The PCIe slot uses the SafeSlot feature from Asus that is integrated with sturdy metal to provide a firm anchor to the motherboard. The body ensures the design will stay active and sturdy.
The eight-channel HD sound support works for DTS-quality sounds. The design includes a dedicated headphone port.
- Operates without producing lots of heat
- Controls the fan speed to control a balance between acoustics and cooling
- Includes a dual gigabit LAN feature
- Add-on card needed for Thunderbolt 3 connection
- The BIOS flashback button may not revert some files well enough
4. ASRock Z370 Extreme4 – Provides More Memory
The four DDR4 DIMM memory slots on the ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard make up one of the most powerful setups that people can use for their programming needs. The ASRock motherboard provides these alongside HDMI ports and USB 3.1 Type-A and C ports.
Full spike protection is included around the entire motherboard. The protection feature ensures that any power spikes or other sudden actions that take place are controlled well enough. This provides extra help for controlling what works in multiple operating environments.
The DVI-D support on the motherboard is positive to note. This helps with managing many displays, including some of the most advanced HD models. The firm and prominent body keep the connections intact, although an HDMI option is included on the motherboard to provide extra help for powering up the device.
- Supports maximum speeds on the HDMI connection
- The ports are arranged well for multiple uses
- The memory ports are easy to access
- You need to watch for how well the fan for your unit is arranged
- Does not work on 4K displays
5. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus – Adds a Distinct Look For Value
The next option for an i7 8700k motherboard is the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus model. The unit is designed mainly for gaming purposes. The fashionable LED layouts around the motherboard provide an attractive look, but there is more to the motherboard than just a fashionable body.
The dynamic range for audio produced by the motherboard establishes a convenient setup for managing content. The Smart Fan 5 technology system uses nine temperature sensors around the unit as well to make it easier for the processor to work in moments.
A USB Type-C header provides help for newer USB 3.1 connections. The design is ideal for charging mobile devices, thus producing a better sense of control. The dual-channel DDR4 design provides a convenient approach for managing the work involved.
- The durable body resists many forms of pressure
- The cooling setup does not produce lots of noise
- Provides ports for all your devices
- May require regular cleaning to prevent dust from building up
- May not support older operating systems
6. MSI SLI Z370 – Designed For Gaming Use
The MSI SLI Z370 is the last of the options to look at. This model is designed with gaming functions in mind and provides added power over various experiences one might be interested in. The two-way NVIDIA SLI support provides extra help for many of the programmings uses that one wants to work with.
The four DDR4 memory slots provide help for an extra amount of memory. The unit can handle up to 64 GB of memory at a time, thus providing extra help for just about all the special connection needs one might have.
The design also supports many interfaces for SATA storage devices. A smart gaming device port is also included for handling many items that one wants to link to the computer, thus providing a convenient design for managing many connections of note.
- Audio Boost 4 provides optimized sound quality
- The sturdy body protects cards and other items against bending
- Provides a strong gaming LAN connection
- Takes an extra bit of time to support overclocking functions
- Protects the I/O ports well
Best Motherboard For i7 8700k: Buying Guide
What to Note About the i7 8700k?
The Intel Core i7 8700k processor is an eighth-generation processor. The unit is useful for how it provides a 4.70 GHz speed and 12 MB cache. The processor provides strong support for various computing needs.
There are a few things that must be noted surrounding the i7 8700k when you consider the motherboard:
- The processor can support up to three displays at a time. You will need to see that your motherboard can handle the various displays.
- The Intel Secure Key feature ensures encryption is kept safe. A random number generator produces numbers that will make encryption efforts stronger. But you will need to ensure your computer works with the proper security software programs to go alongside the security features that the processor uses.
- A 14 nm lithography is included in the processor. The 14 nm lithography refers to the size of the semiconductor features. The small size should be suitable for most motherboards, but check that whatever you use is compatible.
- The processor does not feature a fan or heat sink. You’ll have to get something separate for the motherboard to prevent overheating.
What does the Motherboard do For Your Computer?
The motherboard for your computer will provide the help you deserve when taking care of your processing needs. The motherboard allows the i7 8700k processor and the RAM and other bits of hardware to communicate with one another.
The functions of the motherboard include the following:
- Provides support for memory modules
- Allows for various peripherals for computing to be added
- Supports all the ports and connectors for your computer
- Includes a power connector for getting the computer linked to a power source
The socket for the processor is the most prominent feature. The socket should be easy to utilize while ensuring the processor secures itself into the motherboard well enough.
Things You Should Check Before Buying a Motherboard
You will have to look at how well your motherboard is laid out and that it can function accordingly if you want a model that fits the i7 8700k processor. Multiple considerations should be used when finding a motherboard of value:
- The most important thing to see is that the motherboard can actually support the i7 8700k processor. Any motherboard that can support Intel eighth-generation processors will be suitable for your use.
- Review the ports that the motherboard supports. HDMI and USB 3.0 ports are ideal.
- A control feature may help adjust the fan speed in the computer as necessary. The motherboard can review the conditions inside the computer and adjust the fan inside the computer to ensure overheating will not be a threat.
- Any heat dissipation features inside the motherboard should also be explored. The dissipation points help to reduce the intensity of the heat, although it should not be a full substitute to any fans or other features that can work.
- The added ports for peripherals should be noted well. The PCI format is the most common format incorporated in today’s computers.
- The memory support is critical to identify. Some motherboards can handle 64 GB of RAM, which provides extra support for the most advanced programs.
- The size of the motherboard is also essential to note. The size should be large enough to cover the ports you need, but still capable of fitting within your computer’s frame.
Having the right motherboard for the i7 8700k processor is a necessity for ensuring the unit can work well enough. Be sure to look at what’s around when finding a suitable option that fits your computing needs. Be aware of how well your motherboard can handle the heat and various ports for connection purposes. The ability of the motherboard to handle memory and different display options will also be vital to the success of whatever you plan on using for your convenience.
The best option to see for a motherboard for your i7 8700k processor is the MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk model. The motherboard provides a powerful design that adds extra support for various memory modules. The extensive graphics interface and convenient cooling and temperature monitoring setup on the unit also provides extra help for keeping the model functional without being otherwise hard to use.