- 1 A Closer Look At the Best Sublimation Printers For Your Work
- 1.1 1. Canon Selphy CP1300– Best for standard office printing
- 1.2 2. Epson Workforce WF-7710 – Best Multifunctional Printer
- 1.3 3. Epson Workforce WF-7210 – Best Epson Printer for Heat transfers
- 1.4 4. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 – Best for Large Size Printing
- 1.5 5. Epson Stylus C88+ – Best Sublimation Printer for Small Home Business
- 1.6 6. Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S – Best for Photo Booths
- 1.7 7. Brother MFC-J995DW
- 1.8 8. PC Universal Sublimation Printer – Best Heat transfer printer for T-shirts & Mug
- 1.9 9. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
- 1.10 10. HP OfficeJet 9025
- 2 Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Sublimation Printer
- 3.1 How to Use Inkjet Printers For Dye Sublimation?
- 3.2 Tips to Remember When Using Dye Sublimation Printers
- 4 Conclusion
A sublimation printer can help you with applying a dye on a surface with a low temperature and with added pressure. The process ensures a firm design on a paper without the risk of smearing or overheating. After you use the sublimation process, you can get started on transferring what is produced onto a fabric material. In many cases, you can get a printer to apply a dye onto an intermediate layer that will be transferred onto the cotton material.
There are many options for you to find when looking for the best sublimation printer for beginners. These include dye sublimation printer models that will be suitable for many of the specialty prints and can do well for when you need something that fits in well with your crafts needs.
A Closer Look At the Best Sublimation Printers For Your Work
|Model||Best Resolution (in dpi)||Largest Size For Printing (in inches)||Available Connections
|Canon Selphy CP1300||2800x1600||4x6||Wi-Fi|
|Epson Workforce WF-7710||2800x1600||13x19||Wi-Fi, NFC, Ethernet
|Epson Workforce WF-7210||5760x1440||13x19||Wi-Fi, NFC, Ethernet
|Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000||5760x1440||13x19||Wi-Fi, NFC, Ethernet
|Epson Stylus C88+||5760x1440||8x11||Access to cloud connections
|Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S||4800x1280||11 inches wide||Basic computer connections
|Brother MFC-J995DW||4800x1280||9x13||Mobile printing
|PC Universal Sublimation Printer||2800x1600||8x11||Basic computer connections
|HP OfficeJet Pro 9015||5760x1440||8x11||Wi-Fi and Ethernet
|HP OfficeJet Pro 9025||5760x1440||8x11||Wi-Fi and Ethernet
1. Canon Selphy CP1300– Best for standard office printing
Canon has been making quality cameras for years, but the company also has experience with making attractive printers like the Selphy CP1300. This sublimation printer focuses particularly on producing high-quality photo prints with a useful heat transfer setup. Your photos are guaranteed to be fully dry after being printed while also being water-resistant.
You can use a smartphone connection to get a printout ready, although you also have the option to use a USB connection on the printer. You can link the memory card in your camera directly to the printer as well, which is helpful for when you need to get a printout ready as soon as possible.
- The control buttons on the top part provide a simple layout for handling your work
- Works for many paper sizes, including postcard sizes
- The tilt-up LCD control screen gives you extra control over your printing tasks
- The Instagram prints feature on the printer is not always aligned well
- You may require a newer phone for wireless printing needs
2. Epson Workforce WF-7710 – Best Multifunctional Printer
The helpful body of this Epson Workforce printer makes it an indispensable option for your needs. You can produce borderless prints up to 13×19 inches in size. But to make this work, you can use an intermediary fabric that you will use when transferring something to cotton material.
A 250-sheet tray provides you with help for getting more paper in the printer for large tasks. The rear feet port provides you with extra room for any specialty paper forms that you might need to use. This is where you can apply a medium that you can use when getting something that you can transfer to a fabric for use. The intermediary fabric that the Epson printer works with can be in any form you need it to be.
The automatic two-sided printer and scanner help to read many documents and assists you with getting more items printed on the same page. This is helpful for when you’re looking to save time with your printing efforts while ensuring you don’t use more paper than necessary. Also, the scanner can work for surfaces up to 11×17 inches.
The Wi-Fi Direct and Ethernet functions ensure connectivity, while the NFC connections supported are also useful for linking your printer to various items that you want to print things off of.
- The design uses less power than what most other comparable models can handle
- Can work with various printing fabric materials
- The 4.3-inch touchscreen control panel lets you adjust the settings on your printer in moments
- Can use up too much ink during some wide-format projects
- Difficult to align the cartridges
3. Epson Workforce WF-7210 – Best Epson Printer for Heat transfers
Having a sublimation printer that can handle a bulky intermediary fabric is always a positive to consider. Fortunately, the Epson Workforce WF-7210 has a paper tray that can handle various cotton-based surfaces.
The Wi-Fi Direct and Ethernet support ensure all the computers in your office can connect with the WF-7210 printer. The added ability to print directly through a tablet or smartphone helps as well.
The printer also lets you create attractive shots for transfer use with borderless bodies while going up to 13×19 inches in size. The automatic two-sided scanner takes in paper up to 11×17 inches and quickly scans it for an effortless printing project, thus making it simple for most tasks to utilize.
- Can work with all mobile operating systems
- The rear feed offers extra help for specialty paper surfaces
- The output tray provides easy access for all your printing demands
- The 2.2-inch LCD control display is hard to use
- May require added software to allow the NFC function to work
4. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 – Best for Large Size Printing
Get a larger image produced for big fabrics with this Epson Expression printer. The printer features the ability to produce borderless prints up to 13×19 in size. The six-color ink feature also works with more color features to produce more distinct mixes that can add a brilliant style to your fabric when used well.
The 2.4-inch color LCD screen helps you to control the setups you are using at a time. The extra help you will get here will provide you with extra control over your experiences with the material. The simple design particular ensures you will produce the most accurate shots possible with your work.
The simple wireless printing functionality feature ensures you can get the items that you need to be printed produced in moments. You can link the printer up to a wireless device of your choosing, thus making it easy for you to get items ready.
- Can handle items up to 23 mm thick
- Work with simple draft mode reviews for your images
- The footprint of the printer body is small
- The ink screens can become dirty if not handled well enough
- May not work well on some screen film surfaces
5. Epson Stylus C88+ – Best Sublimation Printer for Small Home Business
You can also utilize this other Epson model for when you have smaller tasks to work with. Designed for basic home use, the Stylus C88+ has a minimal body that produces high-resolution prints with a maximum resolution of 5760×1440 dpi. This is a good choice for the best dye sublimation printer that you could use if you’re looking for something a little smaller in size while still providing a strong resolution total all the way through.
USB and parallel ports are included for easy connections. You do not require any extensive installation processes when getting the printer ready either. The process of downloading and setting up new drivers for your Epson printer should be easy to follow, thus making this a helpful choice for when you need to take care of your printing work as soon as possible.
You can also use the photo editing software program that comes with the printer for your convenience. The simple arrangement of the program ensures you will have more control over your printing efforts and that you know where you are going with the work in question.
- Can work with all types of paper materials, including airmail paper
- Offers help for borderless printing
- Produces smudge resistant surfaces for simple transfer needs
- Does not produce items that are much larger
- May not work very well with cheaper third-party ink cartridges
6. Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S – Best for Photo Booths
The technical layout of this Mitsubishi printer is something to note for when you need something that is easy to prepare and use for many of your dye sublimation tasks. The printer uses a firm body with a power-saving standby mode that shuts off the printer after a bit when you are not using it. This is a part of many options for the best sublimation printer for t-shirts that you might not find in many situations
A rewind function lets you move the ink ribbon well so you can continue to use more of the ink that you need for detailed items. This works well for solid shapes and for specific tasks you might have. You can also produce a matte finish on your sublimation prints when using the design.
The digital image processing feature inside the printer works at up to 300 dpi. The design ensures that the edges on your printouts can be kept as smooth and streamlined as possible. The work produced by the printer is helpful for when you need assistance with managing some more technical tasks for your printing needs, thus making this an intriguing model for many needs surrounding your printer.
- The firm body of the printer works in moments
- Creates printouts in many sizes
- Can create various finish styles
- The printer may be a little too technical for some users
- Difficult to set up some of the features on the printer
Brother is another company that makes attractive sublimation printers for many tasks with this model being one choice of value. This is another model that works with an intermediary fabric printing process, but it provides a helpful solution for printing that works in moments to give you the coverage you need.
The automatic two-sided printing feature included on this model gives you extra help over how well you are printing items of note. This can even work with wireless connections as well as on an Ethernet or NFC link. The 2.7-inch touchscreen provides easy controls on the unit while helping you to distinguish different features through a full-color body.
You can also use the member feature in the printer to help with confirming the types of materials that you are trying to print at a time, thus adding a fully flexible design for printing needs that works in moments.
- The wireless mobile printing feature works with all major mobile devices
- You can adjust the paper tray to fit various types of paper materials
- The automatic duplex printing feature controls the setup you use
- The cartridge capacity gauge is not always accurate
- Difficult to align the cartridges
8. PC Universal Sublimation Printer – Best Heat transfer printer for T-shirts & Mug
PC Universal has another of the best dye sublimation printer models for you to review for your printing tasks. This model helps you with getting ink to move quickly onto a surface. You can use many heat transfer sheets on this printer model. The unit does well with establishing firm designs and with producing a better look all the way through.
The layout works well for many materials. While this does particularly well for when you’re looking to make prints for t-shirts, the printer can also work for when you need help with producing different designs for other intentions. These include designs for mugs and many harm surfaces. The firm body of the printer ensures you’ll have more control over your printing experience and that it will be easy for you to produce many things for business or personal purposes.
- Does well with producing firm images
- You can adjust the printer resolution in many forms
- The pressure application feature works in moments for your convenience
- Difficult to clean off the cartridges for use
- The design is very technical and requires extreme precision for use
HP has been behind many of the top models that you can use for your printing needs. This particular HP OfficeJet model will help you with many of the special printing tasks you hold, including scanning, copying, and faxing items. But the best part of this is that it uses a dye sublimation process that helps with applying ink onto many intermediary fabrics in moments. You can use this to get a strong item ready for use for an iron-on pattern. The thorough detail that the printer uses for producing designs is positive for you to note.
You can print from your smartphone or tablet as well. The Wi-Fi capability of this HP printer ensures you can get a better connection going for managing all your printing needs as they come about. Ethernet networking is also available for helping you to go forward with fast connections.
- Provides extra security over your printer connections
- The slide off glass body on the scanner saves you time when scanning unique patterns
- The printer paper tray offers a high capacity for repeated iron-on materials
- The model may not read its cartridges at times
- The control panel screen is very small
The HP OfficeJet 9025 is perfect for use when you’re aiming to print things off of a cloud network for sublimation needs. You can load a cloud document on a mobile device and then forward it to your printer through a Wi-Fi link. The sturdy printer tray makes it easy for you to apply some transfer mediums onto the surface, thus simplifying the general process of getting your work printed well.
The added Wi-Fi security setup inside the printer ensures that what you are using will stay protected and at less of a risk of being broken into. You can use a password protection feature to ensure that only certified projects will be supported on your printer.
A single-pass two-sided document feeder is also included for your convenience. The unit offers faster scanning speeds than what you might find out of many older OfficeJet printers. The convenient design of the printer is also supported by a full-color display screen for your control needs.
- The dual paper trays allow you to fit 500 basic sublimation sheets at a time
- Can scan color pictures at a rate of 8 ipm
- The output tray sensor identifies the specific paper being used in the printing task
- The display speed has a small body
- The output tray only handles about 100 sheets at a time
How to Choose a Sublimation Printer?
A sublimation printer is designed to help you with printing various materials of value to you. You can get a sublimation printer to assist you with printing various fabrics and designs that you might be interested in sharing with others. A good rule of thumb to use when getting a sublimation printer ready is to notice how well your printer can work with different compounds or printing medium setups in mind.
1. Review the layout of the printer
Many of today’s sublimation printers can work with prints that go directly on the t-shirt surface. But in other cases, a sublimation printer may utilize a transfer medium like a cotton sheet or other paper material that you can print a pattern onto for quick transfer to an outside fabric surface.
2. Look at the materials you are going to work with.
You might be better off using something that can handle transfer paper materials, although many different printers can also work with small cotton sheets. Review how well your sublimation printer can handle the surface that you are trying to use so it will not be hard to get a good production going for your use.
3. Figure out how the cartridges are going to work.
You need to see that the cartridges you are using in your printer are capable of handling the dye sublimation process. Specialized cartridges that focus on individual colors will be required. These include the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges that go alongside the black cartridge that should work for your printing needs.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Sublimation Printer
1. Look at the maximum resolution on your printer.
A quality printer needs to come with the best possible resolution for your use. The resolution is a measure of how dense the image that you produce may be. The resolution can be measured in dpi or dots per inch. A more detailed image will be more appealing if you’re trying to produce something a little larger. Anything that is smaller in size will not require much of a resolution, although you should not the total to be safe regardless.
2. See how large the printing medium for your use may be.
The layout of your printer should work with various materials. You can get many great print medium materials that can be a few inches on each side. You’ll have to notice what you could get out of the printing materials that you are going to utilize for your work needs.
3. Look at the connections you are going to use.
Many sublimation printers can work with different connections for helping you to link up to different designs that you want to print out. These include connections like a Wi-Fi or Ethernet link. Anything that you use here should help you with making the work that you are putting in easy to manage in any situation.
4. Check on how well the printout works.
The type of printout you’re going to get out of your printer should also be noted for your convenience. The printout has to be planned well to where the content can look a little stronger and more professional in style.
How to Use Inkjet Printers For Dye Sublimation?
In many cases, you might not have access to one of those fancy printers that a professional screen printing company can use for dye sublimation purposes. That’s why this guide is filled with different inkjet printer models that you can use instead. But as you will see in this guide, there are many things you can do surrounding the use of an inkjet printer for dye sublimation processes.
- Install the software for your printer that entails ensuring the ink sublimation process can work. This includes working with the proper color management software that links to your printer.
- Replace the ink cartridges inside your inkjet printer with the proper dye sublimation cartridges. Make sure the cartridges you’re using can work for the needs you have.
- Use the printer head cleaning function in the printer. You should be able to get a test page ready to ensure that the printer can work with the cartridges and that the printer heads are cleared out well enough.
- Add the sublimation paper or other material for a task and print a test page. Make sure the material is applied well enough and that the surface can handle the proper amount of material that you want to utilize.
Tips to Remember When Using Dye Sublimation Printers
- Review how much ink is left in the printer at any time. There should be enough ink to help you with getting your printing tasks finished the right way.
- Check on the quality of the material you are adding to your printer. The material should be powerful enough to be easy to handle while being firm for your use.
- The paper that you use for the printing tasks should be aligned appropriately. Failing to keep the content aligned can result in the material not working as well as it should.
All of the printers you have noticed in this review of the best sublimation printers on the market will help you with making more out of the work you’re aiming to put in. The best option for you to utilize for your printing needs is the Canon Selphy CP1300. The design offers a good body that is a simile for fast production needs and can do well for many basic t-shirt designs. The layout does well with handling high-resolution images and makes it easy for you to load up images in a few moments.